NEWS_BOT

Статус
Reaction score
Sergio Demian Lerner is a blockchain developer and renowned cryptocurrency researcher. The expert believes that when creating the first coin, Satoshi Nakamoto pursued altruistic goals, that is, he did not intend to make money from the growth of the cryptocurrency rate. This is why he will never spend his 1.1 million mined coins.

Mining Bitcoin was easy in the early days of the cryptocurrency. Since the total computing power of the network was small, even ordinary processors could cope with this task. Today they are no longer suitable for mining BTC, but they can still be used to mine Monero XMR.

In addition, immediately after the launch of the Bitcoin network, there were no halvings, so the reward for the block was maximum. It was 50 BTC. With all this in mind, early cryptocurrency miners accumulated huge reserves of coins. Well, if they were able to endure for several years, then they made huge fortunes. An example is an anonymous person who, in the second half of May, moved 50 BTC mined back in February 2009. Accordingly, they were not touched for eleven years, during which the coins began to be valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars.

How many bitcoins does Satoshi Nakamoto have?

Now we know that at one time Nakamoto was the first Bitcoin miner and at the beginning of the project he mined about 1.1 million BTC, or at least 5 percent of the maximum volume of the cryptocurrency. Lerner spent at least three years searching for Satoshi's bitcoins. However, in the end, he did not want to “dig further” so as not to bother the creator of the cryptocurrency in vain. Here is his quote in which he describes his point of view.

I don’t want to get to the bottom of this matter, I’ve already done enough for Bitcoin transparency. A more detailed investigation may affect Satoshi's privacy interests.

Nakamoto, according to Lerner, will never spend the million bitcoins mined in the early days of cryptocurrency. Sergio came to this conclusion after a long analysis of the developer’s behavior.

Based on the history of Satoshi's coins, I don't think he will ever use them. Therefore, I think there cannot be a fairer and more altruistic way to create Bitcoin.

That is, the expert believes that the developer did not initially plan to get rich from this idea. According to him, Satoshi wanted to make the world a better place with the help of his invention. Moreover, this did not intersect with any personal goals.

In other words, Nakamoto supposedly does not want to discredit his image. Still, the value of the first bitcoins mined is not measured by their value in dollars, but by the ideological basis of the cryptocurrency. Let us remind you that the Bitcoin blockchain is completely transparent, so movements of Satoshi’s coins will immediately cause serious unrest in the industry and may even collapse the market.

The 50 Bitcoins mentioned above from 2009 also caused panic, but it was with good implications. Representatives of the cryptocurrency community were sincerely surprised by the patience of the owner of the coins, who managed to preserve them for eleven years.

Most likely, Satoshi will indeed not use his coins and reveal his identity. Obviously, if he has not done this since 2009 - and skillfully hid his tracks - there is no point in hoping for such a scenario in the future. So it’s easier for representatives of the cryptocurrency community to forget about the idea of de-anonymizing the developer and direct their efforts to something else. For example, to destroy popular myths about cryptocurrencies.
Sergio Demian Lerner is a blockchain developer and renowned cryptocurrency researcher. The expert believes that when creating the first coin, Satoshi Nakamoto pursued altruistic goals, that is, he did not intend to make money from the growth of the cryptocurrency rate. This is why he will never spend his 1.1 million mined coins.

Mining Bitcoin was easy in the early days of the cryptocurrency. Since the total computing power of the network was small, even ordinary processors could cope with this task. Today they are no longer suitable for mining BTC, but they can still be used to mine Monero XMR.

In addition, immediately after the launch of the Bitcoin network, there were no halvings, so the reward for the block was maximum. It was 50 BTC. With all this in mind, early cryptocurrency miners accumulated huge reserves of coins. Well, if they were able to endure for several years, then they made huge fortunes. An example is an anonymous person who, in the second half of May, moved 50 BTC mined back in February 2009. Accordingly, they were not touched for eleven years, during which the coins began to be valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars.

How many bitcoins does Satoshi Nakamoto have?

Now we know that at one time Nakamoto was the first Bitcoin miner and at the beginning of the project he mined about 1.1 million BTC, or at least 5 percent of the maximum volume of the cryptocurrency. Lerner spent at least three years searching for Satoshi's bitcoins. However, in the end, he did not want to “dig further” so as not to bother the creator of the cryptocurrency in vain. Here is his quote in which he describes his point of view.

I don’t want to get to the bottom of this matter, I’ve already done enough for Bitcoin transparency. A more detailed investigation may affect Satoshi's privacy interests.

Nakamoto, according to Lerner, will never spend the million bitcoins mined in the early days of cryptocurrency. Sergio came to this conclusion after a long analysis of the developer’s behavior.

Based on the history of Satoshi's coins, I don't think he will ever use them. Therefore, I think there cannot be a fairer and more altruistic way to create Bitcoin.

That is, the expert believes that the developer did not initially plan to get rich from this idea. According to him, Satoshi wanted to make the world a better place with the help of his invention. Moreover, this did not intersect with any personal goals.

In other words, Nakamoto supposedly does not want to discredit his image. Still, the value of the first bitcoins mined is not measured by their value in dollars, but by the ideological basis of the cryptocurrency. Let us remind you that the Bitcoin blockchain is completely transparent, so movements of Satoshi’s coins will immediately cause serious unrest in the industry and may even collapse the market.

The 50 Bitcoins mentioned above from 2009 also caused panic, but it was with good implications. Representatives of the cryptocurrency community were sincerely surprised by the patience of the owner of the coins, who managed to preserve them for eleven years.

Most likely, Satoshi will indeed not use his coins and reveal his identity. Obviously, if he has not done this since 2009 - and skillfully hid his tracks - there is no point in hoping for such a scenario in the future. So it’s easier for representatives of the cryptocurrency community to forget about the idea of de-anonymizing the developer and direct their efforts to something else. For example, to destroy popular myths about cryptocurrencies.